When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

42 Seiberling

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

36Seiberling

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I'm curious on the Seiberling brand bicycle. I know it's a rubber company and that it's a Colson frame. My question is, when did the Seiberling brand start badging bicycles and when did it end? How rare is the Seiberling? Any and all help will be appreciated.
s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s4.jpg
s3.jpg

Hello ; I don't have answers to your specific questions, but there is a beautiful 1940 Seiberling Road King on the cover of the Jul-Aug 2010 issue of Classic Bicycle News and a story inside that I'm sure you would enjoy. Perhaps you can obtain a copy from someone.

It is a Colson built bicycle. Not sure on exact year but late 30's.
I thought it was late 30s as well. I posted the serial number a bike page on facebook and a dude who was supposedly up on Colson serial numbers and years said it was a 42. I didn't think they made civilian bike is 42 due to the war. Heck, I don't know.
colson 1.jpg

Yeah, I believe '41 is the first year Colson offered 1/2" drivetrain. Most likely a higher end model.
Nice to know, thanks. I actually have all the stuff to make it a skiptooth. The paint was thrashed so I'm going to do a mild custom with it.

Axle Mounted Kickstand- made by WALD--mid to late 30s... I like these... Not often seen....------Cowboy Welcome to the Forum ! I like it !!!

Back