When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'45-'46 Roadmaster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sailorbenjamin

Finally riding a big boys bike
t's got blackout hubs and the rear is a Morrow, dated late '45 so I figure this is a '45 Christmas bike or a spring '46 bike. The front hub is New Departure. They were painted silver years ago but not before a hubshiner took a lot of the black off the Morrow. The front one looks pretty good.
I repacked the front hub, headset and bottom bracket. I filled the rear hub with oil but I haven't had it apart. Oh, I put new cones in the front hub.
The right crank is a little bent. The right pedal is also a little bent but i replaced the pedals so that's just coincidence. Maybe you could line up the bends and it would be straight. I'm not that fussy. I have some straight pedals and crank that you can have but the pedals are black plastic and the crank is shiny chrome (and not a dogleg to boot). I figured they'd be ugly so I've just gotten used to the pedal going round a bit.
The Brooks seat doesn't go with the bike. The original seat is intact but kinda crispy looking so I use a different seat when I ride it, The original is in the last picture and it goes with the bike.
The basket actually belongs to my wife's bike. It's not included, she wanted me to make sure you understood that.
The tires are ancient and cracked. I didn't think they'd last this long but they've held in there.
The skiptooth chain is about six little short bits of chain with master links everywhere.
The handgrips are replacements. If you don't want them I'll take $10 off the price.
The whole bike was pretty much an even brown when I got it. I dipped a scotchbrite pad in some Minwax clear poly and scrubbed it down and wiped off the excess. It's got a nice even patina still but now with colors. It was originally a beautiful deep burgundy, so if you wanted to repaint it, it would be pretty (there's a couple of fender dings but they're not tragic). If you like the nice patina I've got going on, that's great cause so do I. If you think I should have left it brown and not messed up a good thing, well, you can just leave it out in your yard for a season or two. It'll be brown again, that Minwax is cheap stuff.
I've also got a hunk of 5/8" rod to make a longer seat post cause I'm kinda tall. I'll include that if you want it.
It's been my daily ride for the fall. I only commute 900' each way, though. I've got a new job and I'm gonna have to ride almost a mile. I'm no panzy but there's a couple of killer hills betwixt hither and yon and I this thing weighs 48 lbs. So it's time to get one of the lighter bikes out of the basement.
But remember that when it comes to shipping, 48lbs. I'm in NY, by the way, 10977.
I'd like to think it's worth $175 plus shipping but you probably think different. Let me know.
IMG_7251-1.jpg
IMG_7197-1.jpg
IMG_7196-1.jpg
IMG_7194-1.jpg
IMG_7198-1.jpg
IMG_8037-1.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back