When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'45 Schwinn DX mutt

-
Stick a fork in it....

81392c0880cad4003e1f29f0a71f6452.jpg

1280eced8b57fe1400416f91441c7e63.jpg

805ef34a95e675e1460d292aaa06c4a1.jpg

0b590c992998f6e42f9f5d54f679cc4e.jpg

A couple of pics in the sunlight...

As much as I love the original, stock, untouched bikes (and I've owned a few), there's something to be said about a "modernized" one.. I bought the remains of a bike that had been parted out and put some fresh life back into it. It's a comfortable, reliable, versatile daily rider, and I don't have to worry about dirt or scratches.. Could not be happier with the way this DX turned out.

45b.jpg

45a.jpg

I'd ride that! Glad to see you got the crank changed so the guard could be put back on. Cool build.

Nice one!
Most of the time, when people attempt to add modern parts to old frame sets they tend to look kind of wrong
(In my opinion ;) ) . This one looks great!
The DX lends itself well to the job, compared to a straight bar or canti frame...I like the switch to black on the front chainring especially and the black pedals, look perfect withe the black Franks.

Nice one!
Most of the time, when people attempt to add modern parts to old frame sets they tend to look kind of wrong
(In my opinion ;) ) . This one looks great!
The DX lends itself well to the job, compared to a straight bar or canti frame...I like the switch to black on the front chainring especially and the black pedals, look perfect withe the black Franks.

Thank you sir.. You see exactly what I was going for.

I've bought another Studebaker and I need to prioritize the toys.. I'm not quite ready to post an ad yet, but if anyone is interested in the DX, drop me a note.

Last edited:
I've got one in the batter's circle maybe to give a niece and it would take months for me to get to that kind of dough...the reason I have Tempest is because I wanted a DX and this Rollfast came up complete to ride for $50...nobody even looked at it, I had no competition and won it easily.

I would build one that way, if my skills were only that good.

Back