When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'45 Schwinn DX mutt

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks, but I've decided to keep it. I like this bike too much.. It'll just have to sit in the living room while I play with the new toy.

b4eafb217473f628dc701ab785bb4636.jpg

I decided it needed fenders and a better looking headlight.. But I wanted to keep it looking "sporty" and less like a cruiser. I had a set of stainless Wald(?) fenders, so I cut them down and reformed the folded lips on each end.

20170102_140911_zpsg7l6ngpj.jpg

20170102_141013_zps8gkk6nqu.jpg

20170102_141110_zps2niwzbvv.jpg

After a couple of rainy rides and getting the back of my shirt muddy, I ditched the useless cut down fenders in favor of some early '40s fenders with original paint. The maroon doesn't quite match the red, but hey, it's a mutt.

Need to fix that bent fork..

Last edited:
I have that same frame with extra rust. I was thinking about doing something similar with aluminum wheels but found some rusty painted S-2's that matched the patina for $35.00. suddenly the expense of the aluminum wheels was not worth it..

how did you determine the year? mine has a X8.... serial number. I just figure it is 46-48

The front brakes work great, too. The Kool Stop pads are excellent.

I bought the frame from someone here on the Cabe. He had a thread about it trying to determine the year and 45-46 was the final say so, if I remember right. I've never bothered to research it more.

I bought the maroon fenders last week on eBay. They came with a really nice, straight fork. I got it swapped on tonight and that took care of my bent fork issues. Much mo better.

Last edited:
Back