When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

46' dx .... what is it worth in value?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Chevrolet_1954

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello to all cabers! I am curious to know what is the value on this 46' dx. It is all original "OG" paint except seat but it is era correct.
61FDA463-3891-40E5-9E1C-2FAC6254E456.jpeg
51FDCF84-2EAA-4132-82A2-ABCF9C67A4B6.jpeg
EA7C3426-991E-483F-813D-477ECE7F99A0.jpeg

FC960ECA-839E-428C-A31D-CD7E31F5AC4D.jpeg

You can use the search feature and get an idea but here's a head start https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1940s-schwinn-dx-cruiser.189314/ BTW while the fenders might be original paint I don't believe they started out on that bike. I would value this bike less than the two in the ad. V/r Shawn
You can use the search feature and get an idea but here's a head start https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1940s-schwinn-dx-cruiser.189314/ BTW while the fenders might be original paint I don't believe they started out on that bike. I would value this bike less than the two in the ad. V/r Shawn
Ok i got it thanks. Also the fenders are original to the bike but are really surface rusted brown color. I have taken them off and you can see the top of fender part that mounts just under the fork and it is bright nice red like the frame.

Bonus points for being in Calif. The higher end of the demand scale. Ya gonna has to, like in cab that's adding shipping cost in many cases, include and adjust down, like 20% or more. Other wise, locally, watch crag's list, not for actual asking price but what sells and what stays.

Last edited:
There is one in a Seattle antique store that is in much better condition than yours. i.e. paint, chrome etc. That bicycle has been priced at $800 for over 5 years. Still hasnt sold. Would think you would do very well with yours at $400 or a bit less.

Nice bike! Beautiful correct drop center enamel rims..
I think originally the bike would have come with black wall
tires.. what is the history on the bike.. The frame and forks have above average paint.. Unusual to see the paint that far apart on the fenders.. Not unusual to see good paint under where the frame and forks covered them.. I think black walls would help balance it.. It’s a keeper!

Back