When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'46 or '47 Schwinn B6 ??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brian

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_2309.JPG
IMG_2310.JPG
IMG_2311.JPG
IMG_2312.JPG
IMG_2313.JPG
IMG_2315.JPG
IMG_2317.JPG
IMG_2318.JPG
IMG_2319.JPG
IMG_2320.JPG
IMG_2305.JPG
Came across another good find yesterday. I'm not a Schwinn expert by far and am not sure which year this is. It has the tapered kickstand, flat bandaid style rack bracket and large horn button. ????...46 or 47?
Has "AS" on the springer bolts but the seat clamp bolt had a standard hex head bolt in it. Apparently the original one was lost or removed. I just fabricated a replacement one which I have in the picture.
Previous owner recently painted the rims,...ughh! Also put fresh tires on. Looks like the paint will come out nice with some careful cleaning. "Griffin/Packard" badged. Cool "Stewart Warner" Cadet speedometer. Serial number is B97531.
Any help from the Schwinn experts out there with more info on this bike would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Very nice B6, that will clean up fairly easily and look amazing. If you have the big button horn and if the bracket inside is tapped instead of the clips for the screws, it would likely be a prewar tank that was left over, making it an early 46. Not that I know for 100% that's the case, just info I read when I was looking for a tank for my B6. Looking forward to after pics! Joe

Back