When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

46 Schwinn Attic find

-
V/r Shawn,

Thanks for your input. I'm hearing a lot that's all over the map. Do you know of any other identifiers? I am going to pull the crank this weekend and see what it says.

@REC ... REC has been collecting serial numbers from this era; check with him on his dating thots for your serial number.

1946... early early... H I J K A with 5 digits is 46... probably made in late 45. H was also used in 41 so more then likely this is schwinn using up leftover B.B. shells that had already been stamped with a prewar serial.
Probably had a ton of them ready to go and then pop goes the war... so when war over, start using it again. Waste not want not yada yada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1946... early early... H I J K A with 5 digits is 46... probably made in late 45. H was also used in 41 so more then likely this is schwinn using up leftover B.B. shells that had already been stamped with a prewar serial.
Probably had a ton of them ready to go and then pop goes the war... so when war over, start using it again.

I stand corrected! Should have known that because when I saw that number I was thinking it looked like a '41 number. V/r Shawn

Probably had a ton of them ready to go and then pop goes the war... so when war over, start using it again.

Thanks so much Obi Wan! Really appreciate the clairification.

Thank you Obi Wan. I really appreciate your help!

Back