When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

46972 (1966-68) SpaceLiner found today (10/16/20) New guy here

-
Mine was a single red band single speed. It's located in the very center of your rear hub ; well it should be a groove IF so
20201016_163242.jpg

Sears sold the Flightliners under the JC Higgins brand name up until 1964 when they dropped the JC Higgins name and started marketing the bike as a Sears brand. Same basic frame but painted or chromed, springer fork or regular fork, racks, and tanks.The tanks differed by years as did the chain guards. Basically Daddy was paying more so Sonny could have more bling to show off.

The same basic frame was built by Murray of Ohio on bikes sold by other department stores but had different designs for tanks, lights, and decals. Each store marketed bikes under different brand names. There are two threads on the CABE well worth reading. "The Murray Serial Number Project" and a thread on Flightliners and Spaceliners. The Murray Serial Number project is buried in the general section. Easiest way to find it is to Google the title. The Spaceliner thread is pinned to the top of the Middleweight section.
Thanks. I'll look those up.

Welcome to the CABE !!!! If you want to mess with it before the Oxilac acid bath get yourself some WD40 and 00, 000 and 0000 steel wool and have at it. Start with the 00 and work to the 0000 as the rust starts to come off. Take your time......don't go crazy scrubbing with too much pressure !!
I have been hitting the bolts throughout the day with PB Blaster to loosen things up.

I have an opportunity to buy a chrome spaceliner with forks and chain guard.
It's ride able right now but it is apparently missing a few parts(?).
Can anyone suggest a fair price I should pay for it?

Thx fellows.

spaceliner.jpg

Back