When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'47 Hex Tube

-
Hi there.

I'm working on what is likely my one and only bike project. I have a hex tube that my grandfather won in a theater raffle in 1947/48. My hope is to get it close to original so I can give it to my grandson at some point in the future.

So far, I've had luck rounding up parts here and there, but I don't believe the handle bars are original.

Can you please give dimensions of the correct handlebars and maybe provide a close up pic of the stem?

thanks.

I'll take a pic of the stem and send dimensions of the bars this evening. V/r Shawn

I'll take a pic of the stem and send dimensions of the bars this evening. V/r Shawn

Ok the bars measure about 27" across with a 4" rise and 9" of pullback. The stem is a fairly common piece used on many bikes from the 40's-50's and is probably a Wald piece. V/r Shawn

stem1.JPG
stem2.JPG
stem3.JPG
stem4.JPG
hex18 - Copy.JPG

thanks for the info on the handle Freqman. very much appreciated.

Looks like there is a set of handlebars on ebay (1953) that are wrong handles, but right stem.

Back