When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'47 Hextube

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
image.jpeg
Somehow the back of this Silver King didn't make it into the foto. I must've put the film in crooked. I bought this bike a million years ago. Never could afford the chrome. But I've finally stepped up and spent the dough, don't ya know. It's all ready to put together, so today I did some buffing. Used a bob and a drill. I was able to get in close to the tight spaces. Tomorrow I'll crawl into the deep spots. I wet sanded in steps up to 2000 grit. Buffing was almost too easy. I won't say it looks like mercury, but it's pretty nice! I'm looking at about 2 to 3 weeks to complete the bike. The seat is done. The wheels built. I think the hardest part will be the rivets in the cheese grater. Anybody have any tips? My grandson gets the first ride to the coffee shop for a hot chocolate with whipped cream!

Looking good! I spent about 20 or so hours sanding/polishing my Hex Tube. These are awesome bikes when they are all shined up. I can't wait to see the finished bike. V/r Shawn

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here's the wet leather for the seat getting stretched around a piece of wood that is the same shape as the pan. This pic shows the pan with 3 layers of feltlike material contact cemented to it. The top foto show the finished product. Preforming the leather allows for a wrinkle free seat.

image.jpeg
I haven't finished this fork shroud yet. It was in clean shape. A repop that didn't pop. It was a little dull, so I though I'd give it a quick buff. NOT. Instead of getting shinier, it started to get ugly. That's when I realized it was anodized. About 5 minutes in Easy Off took off the finish. I then started to sand the aluminum that only looked smooth because of the coating. 180 wet with a drop of dish washing soap. 220, then 400 which is what the foto shows. The soap holds the sandpaper grit in a slurry. The paper lasts longer and the soapy grit cuts and polishes nicely. I had to go so I'll finish tomorrow with 600, 800, then 1000.

Back