When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

47 ladies Hawthorne fender tank lights

-

BAdams

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello all, just found a 47 Hawthorne ladies bike and need a front fender, tank lights and front suspension??? I'm still trying to determine what suspension I need any help would be appreciated as I am a newbie to this.

Here's the bike any info appreciated

28231.jpeg

Does this bike hold some sentimental value to you? Otherwise, I'd find one in better, more complete condition. Could make a fun project tho, but I imagine it will take a while to gather all the parts.

No sentimental value, just found it and like antiques. I've been in the auto body industry for decades so other then the parts it will be easy. Really a seat and fender and it's rideable. I'll get the other things if they show up. Just not sure where to look.

got some parts, example's are deluxe seat $50 shipped, most of springer fork $75 shipped. got lots more!
DSC05416.JPG

DSC05417.JPG

DSC05420.JPG

DSC05421.JPG

also have front fenders, nice tank (no horn or button), front wheel rim, spokes, nipples, don't know if I want to sell cherry original light I have, would be around $75 shipped for light if I do

also have front fenders, nice tank (no horn or button), front wheel rim, spokes, nipples, don't know if I want to sell cherry original light I have, would be around $75 shipped for light if I do
Interested Springer for sure (don't need the fork if you can/will separate). How much for tank and fender as well?

There are many plain 26" forks available; not sure if the then-fancy springer are worth all the trouble.
1947 Hawthorne.jpg
I also, had acquired a ladies Hawthorne, within my penny-wise affordability, before I learnt about the girl's bike thing.
Springer Fork 9.jpg
So the girls springer forks come up for sale more often than the guy's; the head tube (on frame) and steerer tube (on fork) have different dimensions, (girls/longer), on these Snyder-built bicycles. I saw one for sale just last week; patience may be key.
Hawthorne 21.jpg
Usually the springer, and the fork, would normally go together, in this sort of mechanical arrangement.

Last edited:
Back