When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

48/49 Hawthorne

-

WetDogGraphix

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I'm new here and already learned so much. Bought my bike 20 years ago for $300. It came with some wrong parts, and was spray can painted. The springer at the axle was installed incorrectly with the parts on the outside instead of the inside. I found that out from digging on here. Thanks. I would have loved to restore an original patina bike, but that's not what I have. So I decided to repaint with some colors from the time period. Since I recently retired, I needed a project.
Here's what I started with.
DSC_0168.jpg

Took it down to a shop and had it media blasted, and had the tip of the fork powder coated the secondary color.
DSC_0181.jpg

Here are the colors I chose.
DSC_0191.jpg
DSC_01931.jpg

Will probably add some subtle pin striping on the tanks and chain guard.
In the process of cleaning the chrome and deciding if I want to re-spoke the wheels with more shiny ones...also unsure of tires to use.
Getting ready to put it back together.
It's a fun bike to ride.

looks reelly nice paint job . good job done on it .its going to be a winner when done!!! all it needs is the pin stripping to finish it off from bicycle larry

It looks very good. Subtle combination makes it. What color green is that?
Late 40's Ford Green. The other color is late 40's Dodge Ivory, right out of the original books. The paint shop had to call to get the right formula to mix it. I was trying to use paints from the same period. The green has tiny silver metal flake in the paint, the ivory has gold in it. It looks amazing in the sun.

Back