When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'48 BA107 Project - detail questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Major Woody

On Training Wheels
Hello CABErs! I'm new here, but not new to Schwinns. I had a red stingray growing up in the seventies, and back in '96 I built a BA107 but sold it to fund the purchase of a collector car. That was a terrible, horrible mistake so I'm going to build another, and this time correct a few errors I made back in '96. That quest led me here with questions.

I have a straightbar frame with a '48 S/N, original locking springer w/key, original chainguard, tank, horn, S2s, restored Messinger B-1 seat, post, neck, clamp, Wald longhorn bars, and a few repro parts (grips, fenders/stays, fenderlight ass'y, rack). I know a redband kickback isn't original but we live in a hilly area and I like them so I'm using it anyway. I'm trying to build it correct unless I am making a deliberate decision to do something different. The color combination will be black/ivory with red pinstripes, which I understand was an option for '48.

Right now I have a question about the tank decal (I did a search and could not find the answer). Ebay seller indicates that tank bikes through (and including) '48 would have the "Schwinn" script on the tank outlined in red instead of black. Is that correct?

Second question deals with the tires. Would Goodyear tread whitewall be correct or should I be looking for brick pattern? I prefer the Goodyear tread.

Third question deals with the stripes on the rims. Rims will be ivory. Would the striping be black or red?

I'll start a thread in the Project Bikes section once I get going with paint and assembly.

Thanks everyone!!

Back