When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'48 Whizzer

-

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
IMG_2175.JPG

IMG_2175.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2176.JPG

I'm new to Whizzers so forgive me if I ask stupid questions. My first ones have to do with the extension to hold the brake arm. Is this stock? Is it only on certain models? Can or should it be eliminated?
Thank you very much. More to come!

IMG_2175.JPG

Let's see what you've got.
I picked up a 46 about a year ago and was surprised to see that it didn't have the standing brake arm.
I guess that evolutionary feature hadn't happened yet.

IMG_2180.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG

This is all new to me. What fun!
Solid hardened grease in all the bearings. The Morrow is cleaned and working, but fairly beaten down. Worn braking surfaces and worn teeth. It takes about 3/4 of a turn on the rear cog to engage. Bottom bracket is now clean and the chain is de-rusted. Twist grips and cables were solid, now slip and slide! The carb is now cleaned up. Lots of creativity went into the adjustment of the belts. It took a few attempts to suss out the order, but I'm pleased with the belts and chain and cable tensions. In the next couple of days I'll see about starting it. I've got spark, but haven't found info yet on the timing. I see there are TDC and IGN marks on the flywheel. More to come....

Last edited:
Your frame is probably dimpled for belt clearance- hard to see from your shots

Moving deeper into the Whizzer. I've got the fuel system straightened out. A new check valve, seat, and bowl gasket. The float level looks right and everything is clean and dry.
Next comes the points and valves. The points look almost new. From what I can figure, the gap isn't set and then the timing set. The timing gets set via the point gap. Am I right in this thinking? Or does the flywheel get moved? Also, is the IGN mark used for static or strobe?
And then there are those valves. Somebody clue me in please. Do we go into the lower end to get this done? Are there shims? Adjusting screws?
Please and Thank Y'all as always.

Back