When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'49 B6

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ballooney

I live for the CABE
I finally got over the bitter pill this bike has been and started building this B6 back up. I had lost interest in this bike after realizing I way over payed for what I thought was a really clean B6. Once it was in my possession the issues surfaced...bent crank, incorrect truss rods, front fender had some rework done to it, mismatched S2's, poorly repainted portions of the rear stays, and worse of all, stem was stuck in the steer tube. After many rounds of soaking, heating, rubber mallet, Jedi mind tricks, I finally gave up...weeks later...and cut the stem off which in turn sacrificed the locking steer tube. The bike then sat for months as I was disgusted with it.

Round two, I procured another black locking steer tube with broken key and sent it off to our fellow caber @WES PINCHOT for repair. He also had a set of skinny truss rods for me. Feeling like I was making progress...finally! I eagerly waited for my items to arrive. Arrive they did only to be stolen from my porch before I got home from work. F***! At this point, I was ready to part it out, take a big loss and just be done with the cursed B6.

A few months go by and I find another locking steer tube with broken key. Sent it to @WES PINCHOT for repair and pick up another set of skinny truss rods but not in as nice of condition as the first set. I eagerly await the arrival of my parts. Sound familiar? This time I have email notifications enabled and jammed home as soon as the package was delivered. Whew!

Now two years after acquiring the bike, I'm finally ready to accept this project for what it is and get this beauty back in circulation. Even though I'm taking a bath on this project, it is a black B6 after all which is a rare color for this model.

I still need a crank...the one on the bike is bent...if anyone has a spare in 7+ condition then let me know. I also need a chain. Of course after all this time I can't find it...most likely ended up on another bike.

So without further adieu, here is the black beauty as she sits today.

228817aaf4e8367d889c9e7b0b4ef122.jpg

49bafa935d59d07455a6cdcbd085d81b.jpg

879cf9061f8a87e7c44b536dc42b08ec.jpg

cb2386a59b824e27e7132700c72de267.jpg

6cebfe57ed8ee2303fb585d6a8aaae36.jpg

5d0973878b55eeb27b674f83acc3bd2a.jpg

Getting this far on the buildup today has brought me a new appreciation for this bike. Curse be damned, it is a rad bike. Plus it's black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is beeeeautiful. Glad the project is starting to turn around for you.

That is going to be a sweet ride. I'm glad you stuck it out. I have a couple of bikes that I'm over the money, two are girls bikes, but when I see the smiles on my daughter or girlfriends face when they are riding money is no longer an issue. Enjoy the ride! V/r Shawn

Wow, another year later...more complications on this bike...see https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/what-is-going-on-here.122787/
I grew tired of walking around this bike in the shop and finally carved out some time to finish this project. I have seen this one through the finish line and couldn't be more pleased with the result. Proud to get this 68 year old beauty back in the fold...WooHoo! I ended up with a really clean set of S2's with front drum and ever elusive cable clamp on the fork leg. Slapped on some whitewalls, near NOS black grips, killer diamond chain and viola...a dialed in B6 that rides like a dream. Here is the finished product:

blackB6.JPG

blackB6_rear.JPG
blackB6_front.JPG
blackB6_fore.JPG

Back