When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

49 Donald Duck bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Curran

On Training Wheels
I’m restoring a 49 Donald Duck bicycle for a customer . I’ve located all the missing parts except the long tank . Does anyone know where I can buy one or the correct dimensions that I can re create one ? Does anyone sell the stencil kit for the paint scheme abs the Donald Duck logos ?
Thanks !

That tank would be tough to make even from fiberglass because of the delicate ‘gills’ at the front. Good luck in your search. Here is my 24” I finished earlier this year. V/r Shawn

Reactions: JLF
That tank would be tough to make even from fiberglass because of the delicate ‘gills’ at the front. Good luck in your search. Here is my 24” I finished earlier this year. V/r Shawn

View attachment 1300484
I can re make any part of I have one to go by . I re make parts everyday that aren’t available. Nice bike . So where did you find the stencil kit for the tri color paint and Donald Duck decals ?

I was able to trace the pattern from the original paint before I restored the bike and had bought a set of decals from MLC before they closed. Before anyone says "why would you restore an original paint bike?" below is what I started with. Not sure if you know but these have a different horn switch set-up than a typical tank bike. When you hit the horn the lights (eyes) flash whether you have the headlight switch on or not. V/r Shawn

Like the before better! Looked like it would have cleaned up nicely!!
I've done enough OA baths to know what is salvageable and this wasn't. There's a point where patina and crust diverge and this one was well down the crusty path! V/r Shawn

Back