When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

49 Phantom? question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dan Jose

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hey guys, I just bought a old restoration black phantom and i was told its a 49. here's the serial #F189763. Bought it for 9 bills, has front drum brake, nos rear bendix 2spd, no rust cause it was re-chromed. I'll post pics when i find my camera but the bike is super shinny! The last owner said the only thing not original is the 95 seat and i think bearings. Please let me know if i made a good decision sale wise with this bike, thanks.

heres some pics, not my best work but at least you can see the bike.
IMG_4786-1.jpg

IMG_4785-1.jpg

IMG_4784-1.jpg

Was it worth it? rode her tonight and was a good ride, the 2 spd has a crappy gear ratio though.

At $900 you can't go wrong on that bike. The seat isn't correct for a '49 though and the 2spd is an add on but other than that looks like a nice ride. Enjoy! v/r Shawn

Does anyone know how the 2 spd works service wise? when i pedal forward the hub loosens when i brake it tightens back...huh?

It looks like you have a shift linkage coming out of the rear hub and through the tank to a manual shift, so it wouldn't be a kickback. It must be an internal 2 speed coaster though, which is cool. More practical than a kickback; less novelty though!
That is an awesome bike. It probably deserves a spot in your bed ;)

Back