When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"50s Columbia fire arrow

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Funny you should mention that with all the talk in a few threads lately about fitting larger tires on middle weights. I wonder if the peaked fenders might help. The fenders seem smaller then other middleweights I have.
I know you have a ballooner in the stable somewhere. Could always test it out. Correction re looked over the pics & albeit the fenders may not tuck the tires it looks like height wise the front could be fine

In the picture of my '58 you can see that the rear tire is a 2.125---it does not rub. I agree: they are not my favorite fenders and I think they need their own name--rather than peaked they are more "standing seam" . Like a metal roof they are made in two halves and joined by a crimped seam. a good dent can be the beginning of the whole thing unzipping

In the picture of my '58 you can see that the rear tire is a 2.125---it does not rub. I agree: they are not my favorite fenders and I think they need their own name--rather than peaked they are more "standing seam" . Like a metal roof they are made in two halves and joined by a crimped seam. a good dent can be the beginning of the whole thing unzipping
If that is the case (I haven't seen them in person) you could always unseam them & widen them if you're into custom. Carefully Half them, drill a line of holes, use rivits, spikes, & or flat screws to simulate the air craft stud look. That is 1 thing I liked about the Hopalong Cassidy bikes. Jesse James builds his motorcycle fenders that way basically; 1 sheet of partially shaped metal split down the middle & then seam welded. With bicycle fenders being thin I would be cautious about welding that much. Brazing would be my 1st choice but I know how you Original paint guys are. Custom guys get it though ;)

What kind of head light is that? Good project, looks like a complete and straight example. Have you tried looking up the year?

Looks like the early Delta ball light that Schwinn also used on the 1954 + Corvettes.

Delta Ball Light 1955 Corvette 002.JPG

Delta Ball Light 1955 Corvette 006.JPG

Back