When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

52/53 Streamliner B6-What sprocket?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tacochris

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I have exhausted my efforts to research this on my own so im bringing it to the bike gods for mercy. haha
Im trying to gather parts for a 52/53 B6 Streamliner and I have been all over the net and this site and I have seen them with the small 4 hole "clover" sprocket, I have seen a few with the sweetheart inch-pitch sprocket and I have seen a few with the large 52 tooth Phantom-style sprocket.
So which one would be correct?

--Side note-this bike came with the optional springer so it might make a difference but doubt it.
--My 54 Streamliner (non-springer) came with the 52 tooth phantom style

All original 1953. Factory skiptooth sweetheart.
rt_2018_05_04_1_cmx0bXM6Ly9ldmVudC8xNTI1NDQzMTU2MDAw.jpg

I agree I have three streamliners and they all have the phantom style
The original '53 shown above does not have a Phantom style ring but has the skip tooth sweetheart ring. What years are your bikes? All original or restored? V/r Shawn

The original '53 shown above does not have a Phantom style ring but has the skip tooth sweetheart ring. What years are your bikes? All original or restored? V/r Shawn
side note: i ended up going with the sweetheart on it because i found that to be the case more often than not with this year model being a 52.
My 54 streamliner did come with a phantom style buts also a later model Streamliner.
I wasnt quite sure where the cutoff was but i believe now after my research, 52/53 is the last year for streamliner sweethearts
52/53 in red and below it, my original 54

F893B047-E3E0-47B3-A8B2-BB33B1879878.jpeg

2B1944AF-EE28-4C97-88B1-0FC23EC459E5.jpeg

The 53 Streamliner is a B6 and I've never seen an "original" B6 with a Hornet's sweetheart chain ring. The 1954 Streamliner had model # change and Hornet parts replaced some of the B6 parts. Rocket ray, shorty carrier, sweetheart ring? etc..

Last edited:
The 53 Streamliner is a B6 and I've never seen an "original" B6 with a Hornet's sweetheart chain ring. The 1954 Streamliner had model # change and Hornet parts replaced some of the B6 parts. Rocket ray, shorty carrier, sweetheart ring etc..
So, the red one in my pic is a 52 B6 (streamliner)....are you saying it should have the 52 tooth phantom-style sprocket?
I know my green 54 is original as it is a one owner bike that had a decent history with the original owner. Pedals were changed out only due to breaking the originals.
All i want to do is make sure i put the correct parts on the red one as i build it up. Nothing too serious...

side note: i ended up going with the sweetheart on it because i found that to be the case more often than not with this year model being a 52.
My 54 streamliner did come with a phantom style buts also a later model Streamliner.
I wasnt quite sure where the cutoff was but i believe now after my research, 52/53 is the last year for streamliner sweethearts
52/53 in red and below it, my original 54

View attachment 1386258

View attachment 1386259
What's the serial number on your 1954? Streamliner?

Here's the catalog image for the 1955 model. Back to the B6/Phantom ring.

1617682188809.png

Back