When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

52 Phantom Fork questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Butch from Houston

On Training Wheels
Hello! I am almost done getting my 82 year old cousin's Phantom back on the road. The front wheel is giving me a major headache! I can't remember how I got the original wheel out, but it was toasted anyway. I found a centennial wheelset to replace the old wheels.
I'm new here and i'm sure you all know this, so forgive me for going the long route: the drive side of the fork has a hole to insert the axle into. Is there a trick to this? I have found thinner nuts for the axle, but I can't make it happen.
Please help! I'm almost done!

Hello! I am almost done getting my 82 year old cousin's Phantom back on the road. The front wheel is giving me a major headache! I can't remember how I got the original wheel out, but it was toasted anyway. I found a centennial wheelset to replace the old wheels.
I'm new here and i'm sure you all know this, so forgive me for going the long route: the drive side of the fork has a hole to insert the axle into. Is there a trick to this? I have found thinner nuts for the axle, but I can't make it happen.

I believe one side should be open and one side closed on earlier bikes and both open on later bikes. Here is a pic of the earlier fork

Loosen the springer pivot bolt to spread the legs. And click on the link that GT posted and read it. Lots of info there.

Back