When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

?53/54 Monark super deluxe?

-
As Stated earlier in this post . I have also been working on my Monark Super Deluxe . I have been trying a "Patina Match " Type paint job. I'm making slow progress , Experimenting and Liking the results so far. My bike has parts from SEVERAL bikes.....................so Trying to make it look like it was built this way . It probably won't ever look Correct , or even perfectly blended ( Patina wise ) ...............but , will at least Fool the untrained Eye ! Matching the pinstriping is really helping to blend in the look of this bike . I still have much to do ( Chain Guard needs pinstripes............and haven't touched the Tank yet ) , but here's where it stands today . ( Same Bike as Shown on the Top of this Page ) P.S. I made my own Train Light Lense ( Red/Green/Clear ) from flat plastic , then painted and shaped . Ride Safe !

IMG_20190721_150432343_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190721_150523976_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190721_150646572.jpg

IMG_20190721_150807441.jpg

IMG_20190721_150814216.jpg

IMG_20190721_150750669.jpg

Hello again
oimakoi

Well now , You have done a FANTASTIC Job on your Grandfathers bike. What a great transformation . I hope you still have many pictures of it as you received it. Do you have any pictures of your Grandfather ? OR Him WITH the Bike ???? Your Bike is Beautiful , and VERY Correct looking . Did you do the paint ? I'm really impressed . :smiley: I would be Very Proud if I was You . Job Well Done .

Thanks @CURTIS L LINDGREN
I had it painted by my friend, who takes small jobs painting scooter/moped covers, he’s not really a pro but he’s okay for me.. i chose the color though..
Unfortunately there’s no picture of my Grandfather with his bike as they could not afford a camera, both of my grandparents(maternal side) were teachers and their money is barely enough to raise 7 kids.. This bike was not a luxury for him but a necessity. It was his ride going to school to teach and in and around town buying groceries and all.. Here’s a picture of him taken at a photo studio in Cebu City.
B5E574DD-D213-4A8C-BE2F-F644B534EF46.jpeg

Thanks for posting a Picture of your Grandfather . He Looks like He Would have been a Good Guy . I know you'll take good care of that Bike. Thanks for REALLY SAVING that Bike.................and Part Of your Family's Past. :) You'll soon get it Fine Tuned , and In no time you'll be Blazing around your local Roads !!! :eek: Take Care .

Back