When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

?53/54 Monark super deluxe?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You may be correct in your assessment for the year of your bike. I don't really know when things changed from earlier styles. Your tank , front end and Chain guard stand out as different or newer ? than mine . I'm just tryin' to put together a cool older bike , that rides well . It will never be correct , or original ..............but then again none of my bikes are . Here's some pic's of what my "50 has gone through . Ride safe ;)

IMG_20181108_103958651.jpg

IMG_20181202_164004348.jpg

DSCF0818.JPG

IMG_20190223_174400241.jpg

DSCF1036.JPG

DSCF1037.JPG

DSCF1038.JPG

Cool speedo..! I installed a clipper speedo on mine.
CB2BF036-CBF4-4237-9A63-AD800ACB4B74.jpeg

At first i thought mine was a holiday.. with the tank jewel, front end and chain guard and how my uncle repainted it heheheh:grimacing::grinning::blush: but as i dug deeper, i learned that the holiday has a turn signal switch on the left side of the tank & the rear rack has the tail light and turn signal lights. And mine has none of those heheheh... so i learned that mine is a SD and i’ve read somewhere here that the springer front end with this style came out around 53/54..

But the photos that i could find on the web that has the same profile as mine has no rocket fender ornament.. i hope someone here can confirm that some SDs have one...

i’m thinking about painting it. I have a question about the rivets:
Are the fender rivets painted or not?
Chain guard rivets painted?
And the rear rack/carrier rivets painted or not?

As far as paint goes ........Chain guard on mine ( Yes) Fenders ( No ) Rack/Carrier (No ) It may also be that the "Deep" fender bikes have the rocket , and the "Shallow " fenders are shorter and have no rocket. I'm not sure................but, that may be the case. I think yours are the "Deep" fenders.

Is the spring in the springer fork on these models supposed to be stiff? There is no movement/bounce when i ride it and even when i purposely push down the front end holding it on by the handlebar near the stem then pushing it down...no bounce whatsoever...

It looks like the bottom portion of the forks are straight down ( Parallel with the head tube ) This MIGHT hinder the spring action. Try TIGHTENING the springer adjustment to bring the forks ( at the bottom ) a little more forward. Also check that the pivot bolt is snug , with SOME play. Your front end is different than mine. The Double spring front end only springs , or bounces about 1 " , but it's noticeable. ALSO ............on a long shot here.........check to see that the SPRINGER BOLT itself is FREE of any obstruction that may hinder movement ( in front......and behind ) directly next to the forward bracket. Just some thoughts. It definitely should SPRING !

Back