When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'53 BFG phantom barn find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Sweet old phantom , heres my crusty red phantom , i love them all original !!!!!

20190512_184905.jpg

20190512_184916.jpg

20190512_184926.jpg

Looked up the serial number and it comes back a late'54, not a'53! Cleaned the fenders and most of the chrome that can be cleaned and now just have to finish up the wheels!! Trying to decide if I'm gonna polish up the paint or just leave it.... thinking just gonna put it back together and ride it, then figure out what I want to do with it!

Also when I was prying off the crusty original tires I discovered the BF Goodrich silvertown tube's and one still holds air and that's pretty cool!

Probably gonna get it all back together and put it in the for sale section and trade it for a pre-war schwinn!

The rear light was standard on all the Phantoms until the 1955 models, then it was an option at extra cost. Same with the locking springer. If the saddle is black, then I'd assume someone must have redone the cover at some point.

I’ve never seen a black light on a Phantom-or a B6 for that matter. I’ve also never seen a black seat cover on a Phantom except for some of the early ones with the B1 style seat. Is the cover leather? Any remnants of a “Schwinn” stamp? V/r Shawn

Yes tail light is black, seat was original to the bike, maybe it was burnt into black, but definitely original to the bike! Most of the seat blew away on the freeway.... guess have Bob do a distressed brown for it! Old man said never opened up the rear light before and doesn't look to be painted as no paint in the lense anywhere and it's rivited on!

Yes tail light is black, seat was original to the bike, maybe it was burnt into black, but definitely original to the bike! Most of the seat blew away on the freeway.... guess have Bob do a distressed brown for it! Old man said never opened up the rear light before and doesn't look to be painted as no paint in the lense anywhere and it's rivited on!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Masking tape and a razor blade is a painter's best friend. :tonguewink:

Back