When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

53 Colorflow Project

-
Dang, that's a good-looking Colorflow you got there! What color or colors is it going to be painted?
I’m not a big fan of the Colorflow paint schemes, but if I go with one it would probably be the red, black and gold like the below. However, I’m not a big fan. Any suggestions???

I’m not a big fan of the Colorflow paint schemes, but if I go with one it would probably be the red, black and gold like the below. However, I’m not a big fan. Any suggestions???
I can understand that because visually, the color patterns and placement is a tad busy for such a classy bike. I think the thing that loses me visually is the red at the bottom of the fork. What if you take everything thats gold and make that something that doesnt pop as much.

View attachment 1356101
I am thinking of doing 1 in black majority of the frame, copper or rose gold accents as the tank etc & like a graphite metallic gray color. Modernize it some with a metallic & they look amazing in the sun! Their Vintage curves & styling remain classy regardless. Black frame, green front frame & cream or even that gold accents would be Killer Sharp!

Well, that would be a tough decision for me:) Like you, I’m not the biggest fan of the original color scheme, either. I really like a less flashy color and look since it makes all of the other chrome eye candy pop out, rather than competing with it, as well as the reflectors on the tank. But, if my goal was a total restoration, I would favor the combo you have chosen. Now, I understand why having two of the same model bikes may be necessary on occasion!

Well, that would be a tough decision for me:) Like you, I’m not the biggest fan of the original color scheme, either. I really like a less flashy color and look since it makes all of the other chrome eye candy pop out, rather than competing with it, as well as the reflectors on the tank. But, if my goal was a total restoration, I would favor the combo you have chosen. Now, I understand why having two of the same model bikes may be necessary on occasion!
Having 2 doesn't make it any easier; I'd either want to do twins or ying/yang them. I think if you stick to original restores but change the color schemes it doesn't ruin it. Makes it unique & just draws more attention.

Hey jim Roy I really admire your work , you build some of the cleanest bikes out their , just use your imagination on the paint job on this build & I am sure it will be amazing !!!!!!

@JimRoy Now that woody paint scheme would be Unique. I have seen youtube of them painting truck frames like that and only 1 bicycle. It may have been you doing the bicycle in the garage. Lol

View attachment 1356101
Hmmmmmm.... I can see why you both don't like and sort of like the paint scheme you showed. I like the idea of muting the gold/tan that @tacochris suggested, and doing a woodie-style tank and rear rack like you were thinking sounds good too. Personally, I'm wondering what it'd look like if you just got rid of the red, and left most of the gold/tan on black? I mean, that'd probably still be too busy, but it's an idea. Honestly though, seeing it in primer makes me think it'd look good in one solid color. Maybe a nice satin black or something would help make all that chrome pop.

Back