When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

53 Colorflow Project

-
Heres a cool idea that just popped into my head. What if you go and do a bunch of picture research on 1953 cars from that era and try to mimic or pay homage to one of the ones you love the most. That both keeps the bike classy and pays respect to the history and heritage of the year.

Heres a cool idea that just popped into my head. What if you go and do a bunch of picture research on 1953 cars from that era and try to mimic or pay homage to one of the ones you love the most. That both keeps the bike classy and pays respect to the history and heritage of the year.
I was thinking that too! Maybe look at '53 Buicks, since it has the portholes!

Here’s the paint scheme I’m going with. Thanks for your suggestion. It should look amazing. JimRoy

I can understand that because visually, the color patterns and placement is a tad busy for such a classy bike. I think the thing that loses me visually is the red at the bottom of the fork. What if you take everything thats gold and make that something that doesnt pop as much.
Thanks for your suggestion. All the gold will be wood grain. It may pop the same. Thanks, JimRoy

I am thinking of doing 1 in black majority of the frame, copper or rose gold accents as the tank etc & like a graphite metallic gray color. Modernize it some with a metallic & they look amazing in the sun! Their Vintage curves & styling remain classy regardless. Black frame, green front frame & cream or even that gold accents would be Killer Sharp!
Keep us posted on your build. Sounds amazing. Thanks, JimRoy

Hmmmmmm.... I can see why you both don't like and sort of like the paint scheme you showed. I like the idea of muting the gold/tan that @tacochris suggested, and doing a woodie-style tank and rear rack like you were thinking sounds good too. Personally, I'm wondering what it'd look like if you just got rid of the red, and left most of the gold/tan on black? I mean, that'd probably still be too busy, but it's an idea. Honestly though, seeing it in primer makes me think it'd look good in one solid color. Maybe a nice satin black or something would help make all that chrome pop.
I love your ideas. I’m getting rid of the red. May go with a satin or matte finish in some places.
thanks, JimRoy

Back