When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

53 Colorflow Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Seat restorations are so much fun and rewarding. I’ve done many. I should get the pads installed and shaped this week and the leather wrapped next weekend. JimRoy
View attachment 1349037
Seats are done, back to the Colorflow. I worked on the 1953 Buick Graphic all afternoon. I’m hoping for the best.

I’m making good progress on the 1953 Buick Estate Wagon tribute bike. Here’s a glimpse of the tank. It will receive several coats of gloss and buff to a brilliant shine. It will also receive custom chrome ports to match the Buick ports. Don’t ask me how I’m gonna do it because I don’t know yet. All the parts are still at the Chrome shop and I am making good progress on the paint and graphics. JimRoy

Last edited:
jim what are you doing with the fenders ?what paint scheme?
The front fender is painted and awaiting clear coat. It has chrome trim to match the trim on the 53 Buick. The rear fender will receive wood grain trim to match the rear hatch of the Buick. I wish it would warm up in Central Indiana so I can finish painting the frame and fenders. I have nice painting equipment, but no paint booth☹️

Last edited:
I have a few more pieces almost completed on the 53 Buick Estate Wagon tribute bike. I still have to wet sand these pieces, clear coat, wet sand and buff. The chrome shop should be done in 2-3 weeks. Thanks for looking. Jim

Last edited:
I have a few more pieces almost completed on the 53 Buick Estate Wagon tribute bike. I still have to wet sand these pieces, clear coat, wet sand and buff. The chrome shop should be done in 2-3 weeks. Thanks for looking. Jim
View attachment 1413902
Wow man, I just love it. I see these types of threads all the time and rarely do people actually run with the ideas let alone slay it like you're doing on this one. Very very awesome.

View attachment 1413902
I was a little confused at first with the chrome on the fender and frame, but now I see what you're shooting for, and I'm stoked to see the end result! This bike's going to be awesome! I love the extra attention to detail on the head badge with the wood grain and dark red pinstriping. How'd you get the wood grain to look so real?

Back