When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

53 panther seat?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lobsterboyx

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Ive been looking and looking and i cant find a definitive answer, what is the correct seat for a 53 green panther? does anyone have one?

from the pictures ive seen, they look like tan post war troxels. there are no shortages of those about, but i thought id pass it by the council first.

One of my close friends has one, and ive been searching for the correct seat for him, as sort of a late christmas present, id like to find him the correct one.

I have the catalog in front of me, but it's still rather vague: tan Koroseal top, chrome springs. Plus a small tab on the rear of the seat. I recognize the seat, want to say it's a Persons, but wouldn't swear to it. I'll go rummage through my box of seats later and see if I can put a name to the seat with more certainty.

Cheers, Geoff

Shifted through my seats and went through the '52 dealer cat parts pages (which I will soon have available in reprint), almost certain that the correct seat for this bike a Mesinger saddle.

Cheers, Geoff

Mesinger Coroseal vinyl top saddle

That is the one. In 54 The Panther and the Balloon Jaguar used the same saddle only with Side Rail crash rails. The Panther took the saddle reserved to Schwinns "D" model line of bicycles and were also used on Wasps, Hornets, DX's. attached is a pic or a restored Mesinger for the Schwinn Panthers. Schwinn used this vinyl seat from around 1948 up through the mid 50s'. I've even seen them stock on Middleweight late 50's Hornets, Spitfires and a few others.

panther2.jpg
panther3.jpg

That is the one. In 54 The Panther and the Balloon Jaguar used the same saddle only with Side Rail crash rails. The Panther took the saddle reserved to Schwinns "D" model line of bicycles and were also used on Wasps, Hornets, DX's. attached is a pic or a restored Mesinger for the Schwinn Panthers. Schwinn used this vinyl seat from around 1948 up through the mid 50s'. I've even seen them stock on Middleweight late 50's Hornets, Spitfires and a few others.

View attachment 36465View attachment 36466

Did that have the bolt through the rails or below the rails? The ones I've seen on 53's show the bolt below the rails however, I was of the impression the below the rails bolt models were a pre-war saddle?

hmm, lots of great info, does anyone have one? does not have to be in perfect shape, i just want to see him rocking a correct saddle rather than some 60s midweight that he's running now.

Back