When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

54 Huffy Dial Your Ride. Need Advice Please!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yep, that's the one! Must have been making the rounds over the years. Hope to keep it for a long time.

Original owner estate / barn find east of Cincinnati in 2015. I kept it for a while, sold it ( prob too cheap ) earlier this year.........it ended up in TN and now in MI. That bike has spent some time on I-75 traveling the last year or so.
Clean it up and keep it - I agree.......will be watching the progress !!

Very cool bike! From what I've seen you do with bikes so far, this one will be a homerun too!! You are very particular and I enjoy seeing your collection! Joe

Original owner estate / barn find east of Cincinnati in 2015. I kept it for a while, sold it ( prob too cheap ) earlier this year.........it ended up in TN and now in MI. That bike has spent some time on I-75 traveling the last year or so.
Clean it up and keep it - I agree.......will be watching the progress !!
Thanks for the history lesson. Stuff like that is just as important to me as the bike itself. Looks like I'm the 4th owner, not bad for a 62 year old bike.

Very cool bike! From what I've seen you do with bikes so far, this one will be a homerun too!! You are very particular and I enjoy seeing your collection! Joe
Joe, that's a very nice compliment, thank you! Took the first batch of parts out of the Evaporust this morning, looking very good so far. Made a big mistake last night, took the guts out of the rear hub, and while carefully arranging them in order to put them back, spilled the whole pile. I'll be dealing with that mess sometime today, lol.

Before & After 6 hours in Evap-o-rust.
100_3428.JPG
100_3469.JPG
100_3434.JPG
100_3472.JPG

Holy smokes - that looks incredible !!! I'm going to have to try that stuff.
Did you just follow the directions or did you do something special.....did you also let the forks soak ??
No directions needed really. Just straight into a bucket. Most parts are done in 5-6 hours, stubborn rust overnight. Forks I did with WD40 and 0000 steel wool. Downside is $22 a gallon. Upside is it works, is safe to breathe, no gloves needed. After the soaking, I hit the springer with an old toothbrush, and wiped it dry. Tomorrow I'll put some chrome polish on it.

Back