When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'54 Tiger on Ebay

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Oilit

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Here's a 1954 Tiger on Ebay, the seat's been replaced and somebody cut the handlebar stem, which is going to make removing the end in the head tube interesting, but what I can't figure out is why the fork steering tube extends up so high. Anybody seen this before? The seller says it's got 26" wheels.

ST - 1.jpg

ST - 2.jpg

ST - 7.jpg

ST - 8.jpg

Maybe at some point the fork was replaced with a fork from a tall frame bike? That portion of the fork would be longer on a taller frame.

The kinda good news is that when you shorten the fork to fit, the frozen stem remains will be mostly gone. The aluminum 3 speed hub is not that rare on schwinns.

Maybe at some point the fork was replaced with a fork from a tall frame bike? That portion of the fork would be longer on a taller frame.
You think the fork is from a King Size American? That's the only tall frame middleweight I know of.

You think the fork is from a King Size American? That's the only tall frame middleweight I know of.
One possible way to explain the longer steerer tube and the fork fits the look and era of the bike. Another way is replacing the steerer tube by cutting off the old one and adding a new one. You would do this if there is damage to the original one, or if you needed it lengthened. Hard to do but possible.

Only way to know is ask the guy to pull the fork out so you can see.

One possible way to explain the longer steerer tube and the fork fits the look and era of the bike. Another way is replacing the steerer tube by cutting off the old one and adding a new one. You would do this if there is damage to the original one, or if you needed it lengthened. Hard to do but possible.

Only way to know is ask the guy to pull the fork out so you can see.
If they welded an extension onto the tube, that may explain why the stem wouldn't come out. It would be an interesting project, but I already have a backlog of projects.

Back