When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'55 AMF Luxury Liner Fix-Up

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm going to fiddle with my Luxury Liner (I'm an old guy who's new here - and to bikes. Switching over from motorcycles, scooters.) I'm not going for a show bike...I just want to make it look nicer. My "idea" with the tank is to bead-blast it, sand it, buff it out, repaint it. Maybe even consider trying some rattle-can "chrome". But I thought maybe I should ask if someone's been down this road. Anybody? I'm all ears. Thanks.

I'm going to fiddle with my Luxury Liner (I'm an old guy who's new here - and to bikes. Switching over from motorcycles, scooters.) I'm not going for a show bike...I just want to make it look nicer. My "idea" with the tank is to bead-blast it, sand it, buff it out, repaint it. Maybe even consider trying some rattle-can "chrome". But I thought maybe I should ask if someone's been down this road. Anybody? I'm all ears. Thanks.View attachment 1270847
View attachment 1270848

View attachment 1270849
Personally, embrace the age, if it is not dangerous. Clean, polish and fresh grease. You will enjoy it so much more.

Personally, embrace the age, if it is not dangerous. Clean, polish and fresh grease. You will enjoy it so much more.
Agreed. But, depending on the condition of the rest of the bike, I might be tempted to retouch the red on that tank either with a rattle can (and masking tape) or with a little bottle of Testors enamel and a paint brush. The condition of the rest of the bike is an important consideration if you want the overall look to be consistent.
Have fun!

Back