When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

55 Rollfast

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hey everyone, Hope everybody got through the winter ok.
Picked up this Rollfast last year. It has been on the stand and ready to start work on for the last month. It came with the original tank and the hard to find carrier mounted tail light/ directional signals that included the frame mounted switch that is usually long missing from any 50's. kids bike.
The only thing missing was the headbadge. I found one[ pictured] and gladly paid the $25 . for it.
Couple of weeks ago I needed a curtain rod and being there was a goodwill next to the home center I figured maybe instead of spending 20 bucks at the home center I could find one at Goodwill resale for a couple bucks.
I did not find any curtain rods. I was about to leave when I spotted some handle bars sticking up with old black coke bottle grips on them. Next thing I see is the perfect "Rollfast" headbadge. They only wanted $20 for this 1950's exercycle. When I saw the "speedo" and the price tag..... BINGO!
They were very happy to get rid of it.....What were the chances of running into that? The really funny thing is it's going on over two weeks since I have brought this exercycle home and the wife has not noticed it!
003.JPG
004.JPG
001.JPG
002.JPG

Heck....he is a grand storyteller! For a minute I thought he was gonna say that's where he got the bike itself...awesome story anyhow! Also eyeball'in your double green & gold Color Flow as I have one just like it...mine being a 1951...Pappy

Last edited:
ya tinker my wife hasn't noticed my last project either.all they see is a pile of metal and rust,so it all looks the same to them!so if I get all apart she only sees more junk.

Hey everyone, Hope everybody got through the winter ok.
Picked up this Rollfast last year. It has been on the stand and ready to start work on for the last month. It came with the original tank and the hard to find carrier mounted tail light/ directional signals that included the frame mounted switch that is usually long missing from any 50's. kids bike.
The only thing missing was the headbadge. I found one[ pictured] and gladly paid the $25 . for it.
Couple of weeks ago I needed a curtain rod and being there was a goodwill next to the home center I figured maybe instead of spending 20 bucks at the home center I could find one at Goodwill resale for a couple bucks.
I did not find any curtain rods. I was about to leave when I spotted some handle bars sticking up with old black coke bottle grips on them. Next thing I see is the perfect "Rollfast" headbadge. They only wanted $20 for this 1950's exercycle. When I saw the "speedo" and the price tag..... BINGO!
They were very happy to get rid of it.....What were the chances of running into that? The really funny thing is it's going on over two weeks since I have brought this exercycle home and the wife has not noticed it!
View attachment 299438 View attachment 299439 View attachment 299440 View attachment 299441
Could you possibly post a close up of how the speedo is connected to the axel? I have the same one UT am baffled as to how to attach it.
Thanks
Bart

Back