When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

56 Huffy Eldorado

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
raised hand in the back row....

what year was the first Huffy canti-frame ?
what was the last year Huffy ,
used rear facing dropouts ?

Let me say this site and the knowledge here is amazing. One can always count on a memeber(s) that knows their stuff.
Huffy 101, semester 1 is completed. Thanks for the information.

Not meaning to be annoying but, does someone have pictures of the mid 50's Huffys? The well sought after 55 Radio bike is well publicised but, this is a ballooner.
I'm curious as to what Huffy middleweights, if any were produced in the 50's, looked like.

Stephen and Scott, great information and thanks for the lesson.
It's clear I have a lot to learn and I'm all ears.
I am embarrassed but, am pleased that Cabers are willing to point out what needs correcting.

Values of a mid 50's vs mid 60's would be substancial I would guess.
Still it was a great find, I love the look, and am pleased to have it.

Not really, values are in the same ball park for MOST bikes.

Values

Not really, values are in the same ball park for MOST bikes.

Thanks,
Good to know. at least I'm not taking a hit on it.
Not that I plan on selling it. I live the bike. Not as much as my Astro but it's a great looking bike.

Restoring a Huffy El Dorado Too

My 50's Huffy.jpg

That bike cleans up nice! This is my first classic. Not sure of the exact year because the serial no. has been painted over. The paint isn't original which was great because it gave me an excuse to repaint it the way I want. Felt a bit weird about it after hearing Bike experts saying "Woooooeee to anyone that paints an antique." But deep down I wanted to paint it however I pleased. Hey, I'm the one that will ride it. Can't wait to take some paint remover to it and repaint it bright red, top it off with clear and get some decals made to replace the "El Dorado" sign that was painted over.:D

10 Yeays Younger

Thanks ClassicFan1, turned out that my El Dorado is also a late 60's model. Good to know for finding replacement parts like the seat I'm looking for.

repaint or not repaint

View attachment 39407
That bike cleans up nice! This is my first classic. Not sure of the exact year because the serial no. has been painted over. The paint isn't original which was great because it gave me an excuse to repaint it the way I want. Felt a bit weird about it after hearing Bike experts saying "Woooooeee to anyone that paints an antique." But deep down I wanted to paint it however I pleased. Hey, I'm the one that will ride it. Can't wait to take some paint remover to it and repaint it bright red, top it off with clear and get some decals made to replace the "El Dorado" sign that was painted over.:D

AP, from what I can tell in your avitar the bike looks good.
Make the bike yours and if repainting does that, go for it. Just don't rattle can it. Unless you're good at it. Girls bikes I think are not red but, I've not been able to find any 60's ads showing the Eldorado and the collors that were available.

If you decide to take the frenders off, I'd love to buy the front one. I need the ornament, as mine is broken. If you decide to paint the tank bezel please let me know and I'll swap you mine. My chrome is gone and it looks like yours is still chromed.

Have fun with it and keep us posted on the progress.

JD

Back