When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

56 schwinn frame, but is any part period correct???

-

Chevrolet_1954

Look Ma, No Hands!
Whats up cabe, i had recently bought this 56 schwinn cruiser from a good friend. I searched serial # and it came up as a 1956 year. But i know these parts on this bike are probably slapped together. So what i want to know if anyone can help me figure what is original to the frame? And what this 56 could be if restored. Any input is appreciated thanks
20181031_170920.jpg
20181031_170932.jpg
20181031_170945.jpg

Looks like it's sporting balloon tires so it's not a middleweight. The ballooners for 1956 were the Phantom, Streamliner, Wasp, Deluxe Hornet and Spitfire.
If the guard is original to the frame that would narrow it down to the Wasp, Streamliner and Phantom. If the stem is original that would indicate a Spitfire or Deluxe Hornet, but those models were straightbars and the Spitfire had a bolt on kickstand. No AS bolts in the springer? Can't really go by the repainted paint scheme, but if it was duplicated you can rule out the Phantom.
My take on non original parts. Never mind, I'll mention what I think could be original to the frame. Kickstand, head badge, seat post and clamp. And the chain guard. :smiley:
Starting point for an easy er resto would be a Wasp, and I think that's what it was originally.

Looks like it's sporting balloon tires so it's not a middleweight. The ballooners for 1956 were the Phantom, Streamliner, Wasp, Deluxe Hornet and Spitfire.
If the guard is original to the frame that would narrow it down to the Wasp, Streamliner and Phantom. If the stem is original that would indicate a Spitfire or Deluxe Hornet, but those models were straightbars and the Spitfire had a bolt on kickstand. No AS bolts in the springer? Can't really go by the repainted paint scheme, but if it was duplicated you can rule out the Phantom.
My take on non original parts. Never mind, I'll mention what I think could be original to the frame. Kickstand, head badge, seat post and clamp. And the chain guard. :smiley:
Starting point for an easy er resto would be a Wasp, and I think that's what it was originally.
Thank you thats what i was thinking a deluxe hornet i can come close to

Back