When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

57' Columbia Want To Raise Handle Bars To More Comfortable Height

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Auggie56

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm a senior and just bought this bike. I know it's going to kill my back leaning over on the handlebars. Aside from manufacturing something of my own design, is there something on the market to modify the height? Secondly. I saw someone using a roller device to straiten fenders. Anyone know where I can get that done?

Thanks

s-l200.jpg

First of all, make sure the seat post is set so that you have proper extension (stroke), not too high or low.

Secondly, once you get on the bike yo need to reach out to determine if you should get longer reaching handlebars (not a crime, keep the old ones) but there are bars that reach back farther. This is something you can discuss with a bike shop or friend who know this stuff.

I don't know your height or arm length but it's like fitting you for a suit...The stem is probably the right height, it's the handlebars.

I have switched out handlebars quite a few times in 3 decades and tend to get them higher and longer. Torrington and Wald.

Welcome to the CABE! Here's to hoping the packing was done well as I see your picture has an eBay file name, it's a beaut!

I have a bike just like yours but in green and cream but no rack. I need to take a good picture to post.

I had to put new wheels on it to make it ridable but have the originals that I will refurbish someday. Welcome!

Back