When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

58 Scwinn corvette?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Red or purble ?

5BBCEB57-59EE-471C-B01E-4FA7B08EB4F6.jpeg

Red or purble ?

Boy that's a stumper I'm gonna split the call wit GT on it, save, you're looking in person, your call.. And add; the ting with Schwinn's colors, back in the day, was the lack of ultra violet protection, I seen reds go near completely gold. it's silver or aluminum under the top color so maybe it goes gold in red, but I've not sure what purble would change too. But there's always a sure fire way to tell and by the looks of frame just under seat, red. But gently remove the head badge so as to not mark or strip the screws. you'll see the gleaming shiny original factory color right there boy, yes sir.

Still no f'n clue huh? Well, it is a red for crysake.
toetap05.gif
It's called Opalescent Red not Flamboyant. Flamboyant Red is a lighter color red and it wasn't around until 1963. And I wouldn't call it stalking, I call it correcting misleading or incorrect info. Just so happens some Peps need more than others.

Still no f'n clue huh? Well, it is a red for crysake. View attachment 865319 It's called Opalescent Red not Flamboyant. Flamboyant Red is a lighter color red and it wasn't around until 1963. And I wouldn't call it stalking, I call it correcting misleading or incorrect info. Just so happens some Peps need more than others.

Dang gt flying off the wall are we? LOL Sorry Taco, ya got drug into GT's ting here. Some of us know it all ol'farts lose our patience or don't GAS anymore, me included.

However, admittedly, that's the second time in about two weeks I got those colors mixed up. (apparently GT didn't notice the 1st time, [grin] but it was a Phantom) Opal, Radiant and Flamboyant. , But more importantly it's this year, 1958. I referenced the catalog when 1st replying and for 58 there is none. in 57 it's Opal skip then 59 it's Radiant.

"Misleading gt?? Not a chance pal.. However it is misleading to cite half a response: " Jeff it's not Flamboyant red" or incomplete statement directed personally, get over it. so, made me tink on first photo it might be, and turns out I were right, it's not purple, but purble. [grin] .

Yet without a catalog to reference, no other known information to discover , all you got is attempting to discern the differences between Opal and Radiant. I don't think there is much of a way except observation, and it seems, "seems" mind you, that Opal is lighter, a little brighter than your 'purble [grin] whereas Radiant, "seems" a little darker. Just a slight hint of a darker, deeper red, maybe some purble? .

But then, on the other hand, I've seen Opal reds turn gold. and yours does have golden highlights. I have not looked nor tried to discover if Radiant does too, so, I have no basses to confirm.

So, is it Radiant, or Opal? Perhaps the ultra violet radiation that can turn Opal's red tints into an much, much lighter, almost completely transparent red so the silver color underneath looks gold. is the answer. Or not, then, it's Radiant-Opalescent-golden -red-purble. .

;)

Last edited:
Dang gt flying off the wall are we? LOL Sorry Taco, ya got drug into GT's ting here. Some of us know it all ol'farts lose our patience or don't GAS anymore, me included.

However, admittedly, that's the second time in about two weeks I got those colors mixed up. (apparently GT didn't notice the 1st time, [grin] but it was a Phantom) Opal, Radiant and Flamboyant. , But more importantly it's this year, 1958. I referenced the catalog when 1st replying and for 58 there is none. in 57 it's Opal skip then 59 it's Radiant.

"Misleading gt?? Not a chance pal.. However it is misleading to cite half a response: " Jeff it's not Flamboyant red" or incomplete statement directed personally, get over it. so, made me tink on first photo it might be, and turns out I were right, it's not purple, but purble. [grin] .

Yet without a catalog to reference, no other known information to discover , all you got is attempting to discern the differences between Opal and Radiant. I don't think there is much of a way except observation, and it seems, "seems" mind you, that Opal is lighter, a little brighter than your 'purble [grin] whereas Radiant, "seems" a little darker. Just a slight hint of a darker, deeper red, maybe some purble? .

But then, on the other hand, I've seen Opal reds turn gold. and yours does have golden highlights. I have not looked nor tried to discover if Radiant does too, so, I have no basses to confirm.

So, is it Radiant, or Opal? Perhaps the ultra violet radiation that can turn Opal's red tints into an much, much lighter, almost completely transparent red so the silver color underneath looks gold. is the answer. Or not, then, it's Radiant-Opalescent-golden -red-purble. .

;)
Hey don't apologize, I am having fun. You guy's are a riot.

Back