When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

59 Corvette 3 speed Cable; Made in Austria shifter

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

gtown

Look Ma, No Hands!
Greetings!

What are my options with this repair?

59 Corvette 5.jpg

59 Corvette 14.jpg

59 Corvette 15.jpg

Appears you need a new indexing chain assembly. I "think" the Austrian hubs copied the Sturmey Archer and that parts will interchange. I can provide you with a new Sturmey chain if you want to give a try.

Appears you need a new indexing chain assembly. I "think" the Austrian hubs copied the Sturmey Archer and that parts will interchange. I can provide you with a new Sturmey chain if you want to give a try.
Inbox me the specifics.

Austrian hubs are the same exact as sturmey and take the same INDICATOR. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=351519220572
If it broke off while screwed into the hub, you may need to fish the piece out. It looks like the rod with threaded end may still be within the hub.
Count the chain links and also measure the indicator rod to rough in the size you need to replace it with. You want to get one that is the exact same size if possible.

Austrian hubs are the same exact as sturmey and take the same INDICATOR. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=351519220572
If it broke off while screwed into the hub, you may need to fish the piece out. It looks like the rod with threaded end may still be within the hub.
Count the chain links and also measure the indicator rod to rough in the size you need to replace it with. You want to get one that is the exact same size if possible.
Thanks!

Back