When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'59 FLGHTLNR

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My last Attempt at painting a tank was on my Spaceliner. I liked the results , but there's room for improvement. You did a good job saving that bike. and....the light conversion is The BEEZ KNEEZ !!! :D

IMG_20181215_123318726.jpg

IMG_20181215_123350058.jpg

IMG_20181215_123408945.jpg

Awesome ! That was a lot of work ! Stripping / Sanding/ Painting...................it takes some time and effort. Unless you've done many paint jobs. Paint and pinstriping is hard to do "Correctly" . I learn with each attempt. I bought a bike for VERY LITTLE $ , and there's evidence all over showing that some one was "Practising " their Paint /Pinstriping / Decal Placement Skills. I couldn't pass it up..............and frankly.............would not have done any better myself. Your thoughts on Professional Painting and /or Powder coating are on my mind more often now than ever. Great Post , and thanks for all the photo documentation . ;) You should be very proud of your work. Your bike looks great. :p Here's a few photo's of the Bike I was referring to. :cool:

View attachment 1003740

View attachment 1003741

View attachment 1003742

View attachment 1003743

View attachment 1003744
Thank you for your kind words.
I probably spent a liitle over $200 in stripper ,wire brushes ,sandpaper , 7 cans of Duplicolor Electric Current Red Metallic ( which is no longer available in auto stores in my area, had to order the last can online), 2 cans of Duplicolr Chevy white, 2 cans of the areosol 2 part clear . I figue pay the extra have a person who knows the art and chemistry of auto painting or powder coating do it.
I like doing the body work.curing the rust with vinegar , Bondo, ,sanding

Just got you pic of the spaceliner . The tank came out great. On your tiger, theres a lot if metal to take car of, not just a frame and forks.

I'm wearing the shirt my attitude on my paint job
IMG_20190525_1136557_rewind_kindlephoto-3602356209.jpg

Anyway, Thanks again for the compliments

Tah man!! Your rattle can paint looks great! I'm the same way as far as learning paint tricks. I just did my 66 sting ray in red and turned out pretty decent. I'll have to touch up some chips from dropping the bitch, but that's no biggie. Enjoy your new old flightliner, curtis. Razin.

Awesome ! That was a lot of work ! Stripping / Sanding/ Painting...................it takes some time and effort. Unless you've done many paint jobs. Paint and pinstriping is hard to do "Correctly" . I learn with each attempt. I bought a bike for VERY LITTLE $ , and there's evidence all over showing that some one was "Practising " their Paint /Pinstriping / Decal Placement Skills. I couldn't pass it up..............and frankly.............would not have done any better myself. Your thoughts on Professional Painting and /or Powder coating are on my mind more often now than ever. Great Post , and thanks for all the photo documentation . ;) You should be very proud of your work. Your bike looks great. :p Here's a few photo's of the Bike I was referring to. :cool:

View attachment 1003740

View attachment 1003741

View attachment 1003742

View attachment 1003743

View attachment 1003744
Nice job on the paint. I love,love,love the headlight too. Enjoy. Razin. And what year is your tiger? I'm looking at a 61 one on craigslist that i may pull the trigger on in the next day or two.

Got a rolling chassis with the front end complete. Waiting for the rear rack's completion( Clear coat the rack and paint the support braces ) to finish the rear section. Soaking a new chain chain in degreaser as to give it the Molten Speed wax treatment.
View attachment 992979
learn a good lesson. I thought I was going to slick and use the nice chrome rear rack braces that came with the female sears rack I got of eBay..wrong. Too small. I am gonna strip the black paint off these pitted up ones that came with the bike and use filler primer, gloss black and Krylon "Chrome"
View attachment 993007
..and the seat needs padding, Covering with marine grade black vinyl and white piping.
Its gettin' there. Slowly but surely.View attachment 993013g t
Very nice bike!! I'll have to blow my flightliner apart and give it the once over. What is the molten wax treatment? And i also love the mexican krylon chrome in a can. I have also used bright silver on some occasions. Looking good!! Keep up the good work. Ride on!!! Razin.

Very nice bike!! I'll have to blow my flightliner apart and give it the once over. What is the molten wax treatment? And i also love the mexican krylon chrome in a can. I have also used bright silver on some occasions. Looking good!! Keep up the good work. Ride on!!! Razin.
Thanks @razinhellcustomz ,
The closest place to me that chrome plates seems to be Nasville TN. So I went the spray route.

Molten wax, no more grease or oil flung on your bike.
https://moltenspeedwax.com

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...FE532FF0B5ED09771642FE532FF0B5ED&&FORM=VRDGAR
You can make your own .
I use White Lightning wax at intervals to freshen it up. But about ever 250 to 300 miles redo the process.
For the first. I find it easier to start with a brand new chain and remove the oils from it with Whatever your favorite degreaser is then soak it in denatured Alcohol.

Last edited:
The wax sounds cool. I’m building a Motobike with no chain guard. Sounds like a great solution.

Excellent work on the Flightliner. I think (for me at least) any restoration will come with lessons learned. That’s a fine job, in my opinion, and best of all it’s a rider. So how do you like riding it compared to the Corvette?

The wax sounds cool. I’m building a Motobike with no chain guard. Sounds like a great solution.

Excellent work on the Flightliner. I think (for me at least) any restoration will come with lessons learned. That’s a fine job, in my opinion, and best of all it’s a rider. So how do you like riding it compared to the Corvette?
Thanks@Blackbomber,
The Flightliner has a 52 tooth front sprocket as my Corvette has 46 teeth.Both have 18 tooth rears. The Corvette is quicker of the line. Not by much but you notice the difference. I do like the fact that I dont have to worry about boogering up the paint on the Corvette .

Back