When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'59 White Corvette, A Gentle Restoration

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Whatever became of this bike? Curious to see how it turned out.

I’ve been too busy to do anything I enjoy. Plus, my wife has been bridesmaid in a very expensive wedding so there’s been no funds for parts or supplies.

I DID manage to get the fork cleaned up, crown installed, front fender done, and bearing cleaned but that’s it

I have one but there is not much ya can do to them.You can replace the common parts with better condition parts but ya cant do anything with the paint or it become questionable if it was really a white to start with.

What's with the" White " painted Schwinn's ? Did they not paint 'em that color often ? I keep seein' stuff about white painted Schwinn's . I have a Girls " American " that I bought just for the wheels ( '62 ish ) and it's White............was gonna turn it into a guys bike , as I have a guys frame and forks with the chain guard in better condition...................was just gonna swap some parts. Should I re-think my plans ? Are White Schwinn's hard to find ? Please advise . This is a very informative post..........just saw it today............:oops:

What's with the" White " painted Schwinn's ? Did they not paint 'em that color often ? I keep seein' stuff about white painted Schwinn's . I have a Girls " American " that I bought just for the wheels ( '62 ish ) and it's White............was gonna turn it into a guys bike , as I have a guys frame and forks with the chain guard in better condition...................was just gonna swap some parts. Should I re-think my plans ? Are White Schwinn's hard to find ? Please advise . This is a very informative post..........just saw it today............:oops:
Search " white corvette " here and read up. Pretty interesting stuff.

Well, you may be on something. While not as rare, the Schwinn Cotton Picker is another highly coveted Schwinn, and it is also white.

I’m looking forward to bringing this 59 Racer back to its former glory. Not rare, but the white boys Model was only made from 59-61. Thought it would be interesting because I don’t have a white Schwinn in my collection. We’ll see where this goes...
BF265544-C871-4C47-AB94-AC750D92F94F.jpeg

I think the white ones overall are just more rare than the others. The white travelers are pretty hard to come by as they only made them during that same period as the racers. Plus white ones seem to wear terribly as most I see are in beat up shape. I have a '71 white suburban in great shape and apparently those aren't easy to find either.

saw this - https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/most-desirable-corvette.130852/#post-879368

@Rollfast if you take your time on that and work at it I think you are going to get some really nice results. Like I said in another thread, I think it will polish up well. I think you can even get a lot of the brown / yellow out of the decals if you take your time on it (if you want to go that route). I take some meguiars thin cutting polish and a qtip to mine. Sometimes if the decal is very fragile I don't even buff the polish off, I just work at it with the qtip and then rinse and wipe the polish off to cause no further abrasion from buffing. Sometimes just qtip and water. I can usually get a lot of that discoloration out. You will know pretty quickly if the decals are willing to take process. Then I wax the decals up. The main reason to at least try on the white ones IMO is the decal discoloration is much more prominent on that color versus others.

Finally working on this again. I am DEBT FREE, took a break to make chopped-suey out of my student loan.

I am now working on the wheels. The front end of the bike is done and the frame is done to the point of figuring that awful over spray. Pedals done, crank set done, chain gaurd is done.

I am almost to the point of re-assembly.

Still looking for a new set of springs for the seat, and a new inner cable for the blue Cadet speedometer that came with the bike.

Back