When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'59 White Corvette, A Gentle Restoration

-
Bicyclebones has "new" seat springs if you're actually looking for new. I assume you just meant a set though?

Finally working on this again. I am DEBT FREE, took a break to make chopped-suey out of my student loan.

I am now working on the wheels. The front end of the bike is done and the frame is done to the point of figuring that awful over spray. Pedals done, crank set done, chain gaurd is done.

I am almost to the point of re-assembly.

Still looking for a new set of springs for the seat, and a new inner cable for the blue Cadet speedometer that came with the bike.
I need to work on mine this Spring.Maybe find some things at the Lebanon bike show.

Update! I’ve found a way to clean off the over spray with minimal damage to the surviving original paint. No pics until complete and ready for re-assembly. It is looking good

Update! I’ve found a way to clean off the over spray with minimal damage to the surviving original paint. No pics until complete and ready for re-assembly. It is looking good

Can't wait to see it !!!

Making some progress, waiting on a couple parts in the mail.

I didn’t get to touch it this weekend, I was busy parting out my Shelby Charger...too much rust to save.

Already have the passenger fender and door sold, so that’s some good news.

253CFFE3-AFDF-4A17-8405-D276539CA6F7.jpeg

1902DC12-4623-4059-B3F6-4473CDBF2C5D.jpeg

Making some progress, waiting on a couple parts in the mail.

I didn’t get to touch it this weekend, I was busy parting out my Shelby Charger...too much rust to save.

Already have the passenger fender and door sold, so that’s some good news.

View attachment 1123826

View attachment 1123827
A buddy of mine had one of those when we were in high school. The shelby version. Was a fun little car for sure.

A buddy of mine had one of those when we were in high school. The shelby version. Was a fun little car for sure.

If nobody buys the engine, I’ll keep it. I’ve been inside a Shelby CSX-T. It fit me like a glove. I may spring for one of those someday. This was an early Shelby car, non-Turbo.

Back