When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

60’s Schwinn Panther

-

gymmanager

Finally riding a big boys bike
I don’t particularly like shweens and this seems a little over the money, but man what a beautiful cherry. You could eat dinner off any part of this bike. In my town but not mine.

From the ad: Here is one of a kind. Early 60’s schwinn peanut tank panther vintage bicycle. Condition is great. Has original everything from S7 schwinn tubular wheels with bendix automatic 2-speed kickback rear hub. Really nice bike that is rides nice on cruise rides. Will take reasonable cash offers NO trades. $650 https://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/d/sacramento-vintage-schwinn-tank-cruiser/7091222832.html

It is very nice. It's been redone, not all original parts and more time should have been taken when placing the decals. Probably a good deal for somebody that wants a very nice old shween and doesn't care about it being a 100% original. Someone has dumped some $ and work in it.

Seat doesn’t look correct.. Should have a red band rear hub? .. should not have reflector pedals.. decal on the front fork should go all the way down like the corvettes.. has the later model rear rack.. Grips may not be correct depending on year..

Seat doesn’t look correct.. Should have a red band rear hub? .. should not have reflector pedals.. decal on the front fork should go all the way down like the corvettes.. has the later model rear rack.. Grips may not be correct depending on year..

Grips would be correct for 1960 and up models. I'm really surprised that the seller didn't mention squat about this piece in his eBay listing. Things like repaint, custom, vinyl stickers not decals etc. etc.. Clean bike, but definitely not a collector's piece.

Not necessarily. I think those were a short lived detail. The catalog images are whacked out as far as some of the small details go. The artists weren't up to date on many items, images were repeats from prior year(s) etc. I love this one! The 1961 Spitfire with 1940's oval grips, and the Schwinn script is highlighted!

1584671615367.png

Back