When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$60 score

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

vince72

Finally riding a big boys bike
I just scored this Schwinn & extra seat for $60

9C5E2195-CB7F-45A9-A9A6-D8CFDCBEFE3D.jpeg

I want to add some fenders and chrome crown fork and year would help with my search.

The fork is also stamped with two or three digits that are on the inside of the left fork leg just above the axle slot.

I want to add some fenders and chrome crown fork and year would help with my search.
That is a Typhoon I believe, is that what it says on chain guard? You need a middleweight fork crown no brake hole obviously. I'm not exactly sure but the rear fender on a short frame may be different from long frame due to mounting hole location. But a set of Stingray fenders will work. The frame stayed the same for a long time however the fender styles changed. The Typhoon would have had a full fender where as the Stingray fenders were bobbed or shorter. Your bike would be '70 at the earliest The serial number moved to head tube in '71 but I believe you can find some bikes sold in '70 with it in that location. Your stem ids from a Typhoon. The fork crown and fenders are available aftermarket , but if you keep looking you will find originals. What is you end goal with the bike?

You should consider finding a set of junior ape hangers. Sometimes those full size are a bit much for little kids. Also with the shorty frame you cam more easily get away with a smaller 15 inch banana seat. Real Stingray tagged Junior's tend to go for less then full size. She will be delighted no matter what you do. You can not lose. My kids are obsessed with the vintage bikes I gave them. Good luck and looking forward to how it comes out.

Back