When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'60 Tornado twin bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have this bike I had been hemming and hawing about. I had it for sale and then not for sale, finally after paying a bit of attention and doing some research I decided to keep it. I like the double straight bar as it is not the common cantilever style middleweight. I had been wanting to use these gum wall knobby's on a build for some time now and this bike works great with them after I lost the fenders. I have them mounted on a banged up set of HD S-2 wheels from an '80 cruiser. I'm not sure what the bars are from but I liked how Short they are compared to some of my others.I might just break out a fresh set of NOS red chubby grips for this one, and I may lose the chain guard and go with a smaller 39 tooth Scrambler sprocket for a little easier peddling. Lastly, I think the snooze button was the beginning of the end for the workforce in our country it is a horrible invention. I have not used an alarm clock since high school. Any and all comments positive and negative are welcome. Happy New Year!

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

Those bikes will always be near and dear to me.
I traded a fishing reel, to a guy in high school for a 1960 Schwinn Tornado.
I had never seen those double straight bars before, so I had to have it.
I don’t remember what ever became of that bike, but I always liked it.
When I got back into the hobby, I found a near mint Deluxe Tornado, which I loved, but then ended up selling that one at a swap meet.
They were the least expensive bike in Schwinn’s lineup at the time, but still rode with the quality of any bike in their lineup.
The stock hub on those was a German made Komet, that only cost something like $2.00 dollars, but was a good quality hub that rolled like a champ, and could brake with the best of them.
Great bikes, that were only made for two years, 59/60, if memory serves me right?
Maybe 61 as well?
But not too common compared to the ubiquitous cantilever frame style.
So, for that, I give the lowly Schwinn Tornado a big thumbs up.👍

Last edited:
I have this bike I had been hemming and hawing about. I had it for sale and then not for sale, finally after paying a bit of attention and doing some research I decided to keep it. I like the double straight bar as it is not the common cantilever style middleweight. I had been wanting to use these gum wall knobby's on a build for some time now and this bike works great with them after I lost the fenders. I have them mounted on a banged up set of HD S-2 wheels from an '80 cruiser. I'm not sure what the bars are from but I liked how Short they are compared to some of my others.I might just break out a fresh set of NOS red chubby grips for this one, and I may lose the chain guard and go with a smaller 39 tooth Scrambler sprocket for a little easier peddling. Lastly, I think the snooze button was the beginning of the end for the workforce in our country it is a horrible invention. I have not used an alarm clock since high school. Any and all comments positive and negative are welcome. Happy New Year!

View attachment 1760291

View attachment 1760292

View attachment 1760293

View attachment 1760294
Deluxe Tornado , one of my favorites. If you decide to loose the chain guard I’d be interested in buying it

BCBDC470-E4A6-4646-8B7C-C5FC1D5A8F34.jpeg

Those bikes will always be near and dear to me.
I traded a fishing reel, to a guy in high school for a 1960 Schwinn Tornado.
I had never seen those double straight bars before, so I had to have it.
I don’t remember what ever became of that bike, but I always liked it.
When I got back into the hobby, I found a near mint Deluxe Tornado, which I loved, but then ended up selling that one at a swap meet.
They were the least expensive bike in Schwinn’s lineup at the time, but still rode with the quality of any bike in their lineup.
The stock hub on those was a German made Komet, that only cost something like $2.00 dollars, but was a good quality hub that rolled like a champ, and could brake with the best of them.
Great bikes, that were only made for two years, 59/60, if memory serves me right?
Maybe 61 as well?
But not too common compared to the ubiquitous cantilever frame style.
So, for that, I give the lowly Schwinn Tornado a big thumbs up.👍
Like the bike. I am just trying to figure out what an alarm clock has to do with anything.

View attachment 1760291

View attachment 1760292

View attachment 1760293

View attachment 1760294
My neighbor down the street has one of these Schwinn he had for a lawn art bike that I've been trying to buy from a couple years now but wife won't let him sell. Really nice old Schwinn. Good luck with your project. RideOn..

Back