When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

60ish Flightliner

-

wheelbender6

Finally riding a big boys bike
Bought this frame/fork on FleaBay. Seller thought it was a Sears Spyder but it is a 24 inch Flightliner.
-Rat trap fork has apparently been welded multiple times, but it is still fragile.
-Frame was originally chrome, but the previous owner painted it purple.
I gotta long way to go.
flightliner.jpg

Welcome to the CABE.
I'm working on a ('59) Flightliner project myself. The weather here has brought the paintingpart of the project to a halt for the past months. Either it rains or the temps don't go above 50. Anyway....Have fun and post pix of your progress.

Welcome to the CABE.
I'm working on a ('59) Flightliner project myself. The weather here has brought the paintingpart of the project to a halt for the past months. Either it rains or the temps don't go above 50. Anyway....Have fun and post pix of your progress.

-Sven - How did you determine the production year of your Flightliner? I have a legible serial no but I have not been able to decode the production year. Your flightliner is really complete.

AndyA and BrentP answered my thread "Need help identifying Flightliner" in the Middleweight section
Also the 1959 Sears catalog helped as well

Last edited:
-Sven - How did you determine the production year of your Flightliner? I have a legible serial no but I have not been able to decode the production year. Your flightliner is really complete.
The chrome frame was only available '61-'63. The middle # in the serial, usually in the 46000 47000 range, is the Sears catalog #. These changed yearly, so the best year indicator.

Thanks Adamtinkerer. I checked the sears online parts site but my model number wasn't found. Looks like I will have to download some sears catalogs to narrow down the individual year.

The purple paint was not too difficult to strip away.
-I can't weld so I bolted the rat trap moving parts to a slightly newer Spaceliner fork.
-Finally got some 24" wheels on it. I bought a 24" donor bike for a quick source of cheap parts.
I will need to grind the front dropouts a bit before the wheel fits correctly.
flt liner wheels.jpg

flt liner wheels 1.jpg

Back