When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

60s/70s schwinn flip flop hub?

-

Cooper S.

I live for the CABE
So I got this hub on this bike, and it looks like a lot of other schwinn road hubs I’ve seen. It’s stamped Sprint made in France in the typical schwinn stamping font. Has anyone seen one?
A4456E74-9619-40C9-9074-6B45CD342D64.jpeg

986DA78E-B182-42AB-99F1-EDCE39523486.jpeg

Sprint marked parts were from 1964 thru 1967. All the Huret and other parts had the Sprint name including the Ideale leather saddles and the chain rings.

I have never come across a flip flop Sprint hub and the only model that I can think of that would possibly have one is a Paramount.

I have never come across a flip flop Sprint hub and the only model that I can think of that would possibly have one is a Paramount.

I believe any of Schwinn's track bikes could have had the Sprint hub. I doubt the Paramount would had the Sprint hub? I would think it would have used a higher quality hub? But the track bikes were never my thing back in the day.

The Schwinn Madison came with flip flop hubs, but that was in the mid-late 80s and they were Suntour. This does have the lockring threads, I wonder what the threading is under that freewheel.

Weirdly enough I have a Madison, they originally had much nicer suntour hubs. I put the freewheel on not too long ago, I could take it off and post some pics
The Schwinn Madison came with flip flop hubs, but that was in the mid-late 80s and they were Suntour. This does have the lockring threads, I wonder what the threading is under that freewheel.

Back