When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

60's Chrome Quality

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It’s amazing to see how an ugly rusted Schwinn chromed part can be transformed into blinding bling!

I did not take a before picture cause I seriously doubted this rusty crappy looking kickstand on my Continental was gonna look like this after soaking in Evapo-Rust for 48 hours and then polished with Flitz.

Last edited:
It changed in early 70's, Got cheaper, not as bad as the others, Murray and the rest but it was the timeline it got crappy. I was convinced it was made in Mexico right along side of the VW's. Yet, even so, I was surprised in all the time past, whenever I cleaned a 78 and 81 at, how well the 'cheaper' job by Schwinn holds up. . Maybe Some English could compare IDK, yet 'cheap' Schwinn post 1970 too' before about 1982 will out last most any. Perhaps It stood up for their preparation, , a coating before chrome similar to that which was applied to bare metal frame before painting.

Back