When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

60's(???) Murray help needed.

-

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
So, as always I've waited until the last minute to get something together. I picked this bike up a couple years ago for my little nephew(Now 4yrs old) and am hoping to get it going for his birthday. So far I have an NOS seat & some grips on the way. I'm thinking I can swap in a modern 16" coaster wheelset since there seems to be enough room for pneumatic tires. Anyone know what this lever coming out of the BB is? And what the hole in the rear fender is for? I'm afraid I'm missing some parts. If so, can I convert it and use a conventional rear coaster hub?? Thanks in advance for the help. Mike

Yes, I know the fork/bars need to be rotated. Pics from original sale thread.
1806-1.jpg

1807-1.jpg

Anyone know what this lever coming out of the BB is? And what the hole in the rear fender is for? I'm afraid I'm missing some parts. If so, can I convert it and use a conventional rear coaster hub?? Thanks in advance for the help. Mike

20151218_071735_zpsulvfb0qd-1.jpg

20151218_071750_zpsrqsgnsk6-1.jpg

Last edited:
Could it be a mechanical brake ? Rod attached to something which uses friction on the rear tire ?

That's what I'm thinking. I just unearthed it from the depths of my storage unit where it's been buried for over 2yrs, so I haven't touched it yet. I'll tear into the BB & see what's going on tonight. Hoping someone here has one or some info/pics.

Found this crusty one, but no other pics or info.

e3e35ddca0930231e812bf6dd0d806d3-1.jpg

And this one that's a lil different with a fake tank topbar, but looks like the same crankset.

82443-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back