When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'61 Corvette 5 sp.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

vincev

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
heres a before and during pictures.A lot of polishing and cleaning.Day off for Christmas.Seat is redone and tomorrow pick up some whitewalls.
schwinncorvette5sp-1.jpg

schwinncorvette5sp2-1.jpg

schwinncorvette5sp3-1.jpg

Here's a peep into your future...minus the 5 speed and back rack of course! Mine's a 3 speed '62. I love to start projects like these middleweight's, especially if the bike is is good condition to start with, like yours is.

Have fun, I can't wait to see the finished pics!:cool:

IMG00108-20110507-1059.jpg

Last edited:
hey Mr D,great looking bike you have there! Mine wont ever look that good.My frame would need a complete repainting and many of my parts would have to be replaced.What sprockets are you saying are different?The rear deraileur is "unsprung" with the rear wheel off.Thanks for the picture.I'm drooling.

Thanks, Vince. The front sprocket (chain ring) in your pictures looks like it's turned around. I know they have a small rise, but in pictures it's hard to tell which direction it's going.

Yea, I got lucky on the paint on my Bike. Just a few touch ups on the red, and the white lettering and scroll decal on the seat tube. Other than that it was just a good wax job away from being done. Heck, even the Westwind tires only needed some Bleach white!

Your bike will look great if you take the time to do the little details.

Have fun scrubbin'!

Mr. D

I got the Corvette back together .Still need a few decals and the pin striping on the front fork.I might replace a few parts over the winter if i can find some in better shape.This is where its at right now.Have to change the rear brake cable to under the top bar.OOPS!
schwinncorvette5sp8-1.jpg

schwinncorvette5sp7-1.jpg

schwinncorvette5sp6-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking 5 speed, really cleaned up nice.

The early 5 speed bikes used a different ring, thinner teeth and "flipped around". On the early 5 speed bikes like this one the chainring will have a 4 digit stamping on the back (6355) to indicate 5 speed usage and orientation.

Cheers, Geoff

Back