When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

61, Corvette 5 Speed Restoration.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I still have this dark green seat that came from a Radiant Green 1959 Corvette that has been laying around since I completed my 5 speed Jag project about 11 years ago. Not sure if you wanted a dark green 3 rivet or a bright green seat. I decided against using this seat when Gary made a brighter green 2 rivet 1962 "road killed Corvette" seat available for my pickins' which I liked better. So this other seat is still in my possession, gathering dust.View attachment 1669741
Thanks Jim, I found a lighter version in great condition for it.

Took the frame out side in the sun, had to snap a pic. going to look good all assembled.

IMG_5204.jpg

Beautiful paint work. It's nice to see you up and about again to be able to restore bikes so wonderfully and accurately, Jeff. I still have one bike, a 1964 Sears Spaceliner that when my breakup and divorce with my now ex wife went down, it got caught in mid restoration with no paint on the major components and it's still sitting in pieces in my front room. Still trying to get my life back together after 5 years, and it is looking a bit more promising for me to complete that bike yet, as I did amass all the necessary parts to correctly complete it before all hell broke loose. Your Radiant Green Corvette 5 is going to look gorgeous as usual!

I guess it goes without saying that you were able to use an automotive grade paint blend that cures faster and harder more quickly than the Testor's rattlecan stuff I had to use on my 5 speed Jag 12 years ago. Even though it was a primer plus 3 step paint like you did with your frame here, my stuff took over 2-1/2 YEARS to totally cure and harden. But it came out good enough for me, Yours looks nice and smooth with no orange peel, of which I have a bit of in my frame unfortunately, but nothing really bad.

Last edited:
Back