When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

61 Corvette Hub Swap-coaster to 3 speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
yes, an S7 26" rim. I either want to swap the stock hub for a 3 speed or use parts from a trashed Breeze with the same color blue I can use the fork, fenders and wheels for the Corvette. The 597 wheels/tires fit fine underneath the Corvette's stock fenders.

20210301_163624.jpg

I found if you bring your rim and hub to a bike shop they can cut the spokes to length for you. the formula to determine spoke length is online if you want to figure it out yourself. it only cost 5 bucks for the bike shop to figure it out so that's what I did. I went in with a spoke and they said the length would not work with the shorter nipples they had, so they had to make them a tad longer.

I have a 1959 corvette 3 speed, I have some things to do but later I can probably find the spoke length. i think it is same size as needed for 2 speed hubs. 49 has a good point if you are going to have bike shop build it let them also figure out spokes. Are you planning on building wheel yourself? I will look later for length. The breeze is not an S-7 i think S-5/6

If i use a 3 speed hub i need to have a hand brake. the Breeze front fender is drilled for a brake. the fenders line up ok and will need to be drilled to be mounted rather than using the existing tabs. i much prefer multi speeds over coaster brake bikes but the more i think about it, the more i may not do it. i converted this coaster Columbia to a 5 speed so this may satisfy me for the time being

00j0j_2x9Zr3xv7Lzz_0qk0jK_300x300.jpg

Back