When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

61 Corvette Hub Swap-coaster to 3 speed

-
yes, an S7 26" rim. I either want to swap the stock hub for a 3 speed or use parts from a trashed Breeze with the same color blue I can use the fork, fenders and wheels for the Corvette. The 597 wheels/tires fit fine underneath the Corvette's stock fenders.

20210301_163624.jpg

I found if you bring your rim and hub to a bike shop they can cut the spokes to length for you. the formula to determine spoke length is online if you want to figure it out yourself. it only cost 5 bucks for the bike shop to figure it out so that's what I did. I went in with a spoke and they said the length would not work with the shorter nipples they had, so they had to make them a tad longer.

I have a 1959 corvette 3 speed, I have some things to do but later I can probably find the spoke length. i think it is same size as needed for 2 speed hubs. 49 has a good point if you are going to have bike shop build it let them also figure out spokes. Are you planning on building wheel yourself? I will look later for length. The breeze is not an S-7 i think S-5/6

If i use a 3 speed hub i need to have a hand brake. the Breeze front fender is drilled for a brake. the fenders line up ok and will need to be drilled to be mounted rather than using the existing tabs. i much prefer multi speeds over coaster brake bikes but the more i think about it, the more i may not do it. i converted this coaster Columbia to a 5 speed so this may satisfy me for the time being

00j0j_2x9Zr3xv7Lzz_0qk0jK_300x300.jpg

Back